Monday, September 12, 2016

Chicken, Mushroom, Spinach Gnocchi Casserole

A simple healthish dish that surprised me and my family.  Everything about this dish I knew I would love but would everyone else I have little girls and a fiance that hates Alfredo so I was so up in the air to make this and let me tell you I am so glad I did.
The gnocchi is something that everyone loves and it is so soft and tender, the mushrooms give it that amazing taste the the spinach melts right in and that sauce is just like an Alfredo sauce so you will not want to miss out on this dish.  It just might surprise you

Ingredients:

2 Cups Mushrooms
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Chicken Stock
2 Cups Chicken *diced*
1 Garlic Clove *minced*
16oz Gnocchi *frozen,fresh, or in pasta aisle*
1 Cup spinach
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
*salt and pepper to taste*

Instructions:

Preheat oven 425*

Cook chicken in pan, drain out liquid and place aside in bowl.  Place olive oil, garlic and mushrooms into pan and cook down for 15 minutes or until mushrooms are soft, place into bowl with chicken.
Melt butter in a skillet, add flour and whisk until mixture boils. Whisk in cream, milk and stock on medium heat until thickened, season with salt and pepper.

Add Gnocchi,spinach and Parmesan cheese to your mushroom and chicken bowl and add in cream.  Mix and place into casserole dish.

Bake for 30 minutes 

Adapted by:





No comments:

Post a Comment